How to use Facebook Events and Birthdays in Calendar Tiles
SharpTools.io dashboards support a variety of calendars via the iCal standard, including Facebook Events and Birthdays. This article explains how to get an iCal compatible URL from Facebook Events and Birthdays for SharpTools.
- Login to Facebook Events
- On the bottom right side of the page under Upcoming Birthdays box
- Find Upcoming Events and Birthdays links
- Right click on the one you need and select "Copy link address" (this option may vary based on the browser you use)
- Open the SharpTools.io Manage Resources screen for Calendars
- Click Create Calendar
- Enter a name for the calendar and the URL you copied from the Facebook Upcoming Events or Birthdays field
- Click Create
Success! You've now linked your Facebook Events/Birthdays as a valid calendar source in SharpTools. To use the calendar in your dashboards, edit your dashboard and add the newly created calendar.