How to Connect Homey to SharpTools
To connect your Homey to SharpTools, you’ll need to install the SharpTools Homey App and then authorize access to your devices.
A Homey Pro is required to use this integration. It is not compatible with Homey Cloud / Bridge.
Install SharpTools Homey App
- Open the SharpTools app listing within the Homey App Store.
- Within the App Store listing, tap the green 'Install App' button and follow the prompts
Now that the SharpTools Homey app is installed, we can open the app configuration and authorize access to your devices.
Open the SharpTools Homey app configuration within your Homey UI
If the link above doesn't work, you can open https://my.homey.app and tap the Settings icon in the bottom left corner of the screen, scroll down to 'Apps' and select SharpTools, then tap the Configure button
You can also access the app settings from the Homey mobile app, but we have found authorizing the connection from my.homey.app to be a smoother experience.
Once the app configuration is open, tap the Authorize button
If the authorization screen doesn't automatically open, tap the Start button
- When the authorization screen pops up:
If you are prompted with a login screen, login with your SharpTools credentials
Note: The Google login option may be disabled on iOS. You can link an email/password login to your SharpTools account and use that instead.
If you are prompted to authorize your connection, either Select an existing location if you already have one, or Create a new location.
- Once you've selected a location, you'll be instructed to return to the previous page.
- If you are in a web-browser on a computer or your Android device, simply close the window and return to the SharpTools Homey app configuration
- If you are on iOS, the authorization screen may open within the Homey mobile app. In that case, you may have to close the authorization / app configuration screen, then reopen the SharpTools App configuration and select 'Authorize' again to proceed
Upon returning to the app configuration, the location authorization should complete and you will be presented with a list of 'Things' which you can authorize. Check the boxes next to your the things you would like to authorize and tap the Save button.
Once the device synchronization completes, you should be shown a success message. At this point, you can open SharpTools.io in your browser and start creating dashboards!
Reauthorize or Manage Devices
If you’d like to change your device selections, you can reopen the SharpTools Homey App configuration and follow the steps above to adjust your device selections.
If you have any trouble with the above steps, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org via email.
Our community is also a fantastic resource if you have general questions about SharpTools or are looking for inspiration. Our staff also monitor the community closely, so it's a great place to get help!
If a staff member asks you to submit a diagnostic submission, please make sure to follow the instructions below. The generic 'Create Diagnostics Report' near the restart and uninstall buttons will not help.
Instead, you'll want to open the app using the Configure button, tap the System link at the bottom, then tap the blue Upload Diagnostics button within that screen.