Super Tiles enable you to build custom layouts for your devices and variables in a drag-and-drop editor.
Super Tiles are a Premium only feature and can be accessed during your Premium trial period. If you are using the free tier, please send an email to email@example.com if you'd like us to reset your trial so you can give Super Tiles a try.
To get started building a Super Tile, navigate to the Manage Resources tab of your User Page. From there, you can select the Super Tile option and create your first Super Tile.
- Thing Attributes
- Variable Values
- Bound to Thing Attributes
- Bound to Variable Values
- Static Icons (fixed)
- Date / Time
- Action (on tap): None / Hyperlink / Rule / Thing
- Icon State Mapping (for data bound icons)
- Capitalization (for text values)
- Units (for text values)
Things with Switch, Lock, or Garage Door Control capabilities offer a "Macro: Toggle" action.
Hyperlink actions also support the special syntax for running rules and making REST API calls.
There are a variety of keyboard shortcuts available while editing your Super Tile:
- Ctrl+S to Save
- ↑↓←→ to adjust the position of an item in 1px increments
- Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V to copy and paste a selected item (tap into the editor before pasting)
- Backspace or DEL to remove a selected item
When first editing your Super Tiles, the states displayed for some Thing attributes may be stale. Once the Super Tile has been added to a dashboard, it will automatically set up the required event subscriptions and show fresh data.
Once you’ve added your Super Tile to a dashboard, you can keep your dashboard open in a separate window. As you make changes to your Super Tile in the editor and press save or Ctrl+S, the changes will immediately show up in your tile.
Use a Super Tile
- Open your dashboard for editing
- Tap the green + icon in the bottom-right corner
- Expand the Other section → Super Tile and select your desired Super Tile
After adding your Super Tile to a dashboard, you can edit the newly added tile instance and customize the styles or label as needed for your dashboard.