How do I set up Pushover?
Pushover makes it easy to get real-time push notifications on your Android, iPhone, iPad, Desktop, Android Wear, and Apple Watch. Pushover charges a one-time fee of $4.99 per platform (iOS, Android, Desktop) with 7500 messages included each month at no additional charge.
You can find more details in Pushover's FAQ.
How to Connect Pushover to SharpTools
Register Pushover Account + AppIn order to connect Pushover to SharpTools, you'll need to first register a Pushover account and create a Pushover App.
- Create a Pushover account at https://pushover.net/login
- While logged into Pushover, navigate to the Pushover Apps page
- Click the Create a New Application / API Token link
Optionally, feel free to enter a description and upload an image to use as the icon
Connect Pushover to SharpTools
Now that you have a Pushover account registered and a Pushover Application/API created, you can connect Pushover to SharpTools
- Open your SharpTools.io user page
- Tap the Manage Connections button
- Select Pushover from the list
- Copy your User Token from your Pushover account
Note: these typically start with the lowercase letter U
- Copy your Application/API Key from the Pushover Application page
Note: these typically start with the lowercase letter A
- Ensure both keys are entered properly and press Save
Congratulations! You've successfully linked your Pushover account to your SharpTools.io user account! In order to use Pushover notifications, be sure to install Pushover on your desired mobile devices and login with your Pushover credentials.
You can now use the Notification → Pushover action in the SharpTools.io Rule Engine!