How do I create a Hyperlink tile?
- Click the user menu in the top-right corner of the page and select Manage Resources
- Select 'Hyperlinks' from the list of options at the top of the screen
- Click the 'Add Hyperlink' bottom at the bottom of the list
- Fill in a name for the hyperlink and add a URL to navigate to
- Press Save
If you are looking for examples on how to link to another Android or iOS application, check out the following article:
You can also use the special REST API and $.runRule() syntax in Hyperlink tiles to call external services or run rules.
Add Hyperlink Tile to Dashboard
- Click the Dashboards option from the top navigation
- Note: If you are on a mobile device, the Dashboard navigation link may be in the left navigation which can be accessed by tapping the ≡ in the top-left corner of the page.
- Open your desired dashboard by clicking on it
- Click the `...` menu in the bottom right corner of the page
- Click the Edit option
- Click the `+` icon which is now available in the bottom right corner of the page
- Click the 'Hyperlinks' header to expand the list
- Select your desired hyperlink
- Scroll down and click save in the 'Add Item' dialog
- Or simply click in the dark area outside of the dialog to close it
- Optional: Click the `...` overflow menu in the top-right corner of the tile you just added and click Edit if you would like to customize the label, icon, or color of the tile.
- Click the Save icon in the bottom left corner to save your changes
Did you know that you can customize the action of Hyperlink tiles? Hyperlink tiles can be set to:
- Open in Same Window
- Open in New Window
- Open in Modal.
Note that some sites block embedding in other pages, so the Open in Modal option may not work for all sites.