How to Find Doc ID
This article includes instructions on how to retrieve the Doc ID for devices, Rule ID for rules, and Dashboard ID for dashboards.
🛑 Please share the Doc ID as text.
You are welcome to include a screenshot if you'd like, but please make sure you also include a text copy of the Doc ID.
Thing / Device
If you've been asked by support for the "Doc ID" of a device, follow the steps below:
- Open your SharpTools.io User Page
- Tap the `...` next to the location in question
- Scroll down and tap on your desired device
- Flip the Advanced toggle in the top-right
- Copy the value from the "Doc ID" field and share it with support
If you've been asked to share the Rule ID for troubleshooting, you can either:
- Open the rule for editing in your browser and send the full URL of the rule to support
- Open the logs for the rule and then copy the Rule ID displayed at the top
You can open your dashboard within a browser, then send the full URL displayed in your browser to support.
Open the Super Tiles tab of the Manage Resources page, then right click (or long-press) on the Super Tile name and select 'Copy link address'